Amateur bakers are highly impressed by a simple new Violet Crumble slice recipe, which takes just 15 minutes to make.
Australian mum and foodie, Laura Bakhtiarian, whipped up the treats using six ingredients: Violet Crumble bars, plain sweet biscuits, unsalted butter, sweetened condensed milk, milk chocolate and vegetable oil.
She first placed the butter and condensed milk into a small saucepan to melt over a low heat.
Amateur bakers are obsessing over a very simple Violet Crumble slice recipe, which takes just 15 minutes to make and requires six simple ingredients
Laura then added in the plain sweet biscuits and Violet Crumble, which costs $1.50 per bar, in a bowl.
After mixing the biscuits and honeycomb bars together with the melted butter and condensed milk, she pressed them firmly into a greased slice pan and refrigerated until set.
Next she melted chocolate and oil in small bowl over boiling water and poured it over the base before refrigerating until firm.
How to make a Violet Crumble Slice
– 3 Violet Crumbles bars, chopped into rough pieces
– 200g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
– 100g unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
– 200g milk chocolate chopped
– 2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Place butter and condensed milk into a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
2. Add to biscuits and Violet Crumble in a bowl and mix well.
3. Press firmly into a greased slice pan and refrigerate until set.
4. Melt chocolate and oil in small bowl over boiling water. Pour over base and refrigerate until firm.
5. Slice as desired and enjoy.
A Violet Crumble cheesecake also recently took the foodie world by storm, with many praising the creation on Facebook
Laura also took the foodie world by storm when she recently made a Violet Crumble cheesecake.
The nine ingredient recipe, which was shared to the brand’s official Facebook page, received praise from other social media users.
‘I need this in my life, like now’ one person wrote. ‘Omg -[this is] perfection!’, another said.
‘Oh my heavens!’ one person wrote. ‘Dreams really do come true’, another added.
How to make a Violet Crumble Cheesecake
– 250g pack of Choc Ripple biscuits
– 155g butter melted
– 2 tsp gelatine
– 1/4 cup water
– 200g milk chocolate chopped
– 500g cream cheese at room temperature
– 1/2 cup caster sugar
– 300ml thickened cream
– 2 Violet Crumble bars, chopped into rough pieces (1 extra Violet Crumble for decoration of cheesecake)
1. Grease a 24cm round spring form pan and line base with baking paper
2. Process biscuits until crushed
3. Add butter and process until combined
4. Press mixture over base and up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling
5. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a pan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved, remove and cool.
6. Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. Stir bowl over pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove and cool for 10 minutes
7. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth
8. With mixer on low speed, beat in cream, then chocolate and gelatine mixture until smooth. Fold in Violet Crumble pieces
9. Pour filling over biscuit base. Chop the one remaining Violet Crumble up and add to top of cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate overnight until set
10. To serve, remove the side of pan and transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Enjoy!
These delicious recipes have inspired homes cooks to come up with their own recipes, and one recently shared her Golden Gaytime and Violet Crumble cupcakes to Facebook
The woman said she used a Coles butter cake, Betty Crocker frosting, cocoa powder as well as Golden Gaytime and Violet Crumble toppings (pictured)
These recipes have inspired other home cooks to come up with their own versions.
An Australian woman won fans when she shared her Golden Gaytime and Violet Crumble cupcakes to Facebook.
‘I used Coles butter cake and followed directions. Cooked for how ever long it took in pie maker, I didn’t time them’, she explained.
She continued: ‘Betty Crocker frosting halved and whipped. One half I added cocoa powder. Then iced cakes and put topping on. Sooooo good!!!’